If you’re not concerned about privacy fines and security breaches you should be.
In Gartner’s 2019 and 2021 Emerging Risks Reports, security control failure, remote talent management and privacy regulation were in the top 10 risks. And Australia’s Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) has the power to issue fines and order corrective actions. Addressing privacy and security properly not only helps you avoid costly privacy fines and security breaches, it can also give you a competitive advantage.
VIGILANT.IT was the first company in Australia to be recognised by Microsoft as certified Microsoft Security Experts with Gold Certification in this category. Following our tradition of being at the leading edge of technology, we are committing significant resources to continue development of our Security expertise to assist our customers in ensuring the security and safety of their environments and data. We can work with you in relation to implementing or upgrading your security and offer access to security awareness training resources for your staff.
END USER SECURITY – THE BENEFITS
By identifying gaps in your processes and systems, we can ensure superior protection, and also create competitive advantages like increased customer and partner loyalty, and faster time to market.
AVOID FINES & BREACHES
- Fines: Privacy fines can be as high as 4% of annual global turnover. Fines for individuals can also be applied. More information
- Breaches: In 2020, the average cost of a data breach was AU$3.35m. Ref: IBM Cost of Data Breach Report 2021
- Cybercrime: The global cybercrime market is approaching US$1 trillion, more than the combined global drug trade.
- Customer loyalty: Win the loyalty of digital consumers with strong privacy and security of their data.
- Faster to market: Retrofitting privacy and security slows a new product’s release cycle.
- Improved partnerships and tender responses: Large companies, both local and global, are increasingly requiring their suppliers to be privacy compliant.
- Reduced cost: Privacy and security by design is cheaper in the long run.
- Reduced risk: Because privacy and security is embedded into your products.
- Future ready: Implementing our Program of Work can result in a culture that’s ready for the future.
Privacy assessment based on GDPR or the Australian National Data Breaches scheme (NDB).